All Metrosexual men are not gay: Arjun Rampal

All Metrosexual men are not gay: Arjun Rampal

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 17:14 IST
By Santa Banta News
You are the DJ of your own fate - Bollywood hunk Arjun Rampal lives by this mantra. Sreya Basu in conversation with the actor in Mumbai as he reveals secrets of his hot looks

These days men have become more inclined towards skincare, haircare, etc. Your comment.
I don't know why it took us so long to realize that we too have skin. It is the organ that covers our entire body and receives the maximum beating - the sun, the pollution, the germs.

But we used to think we are too macho to use a cleansing tonic or face scrub or moisturizer. Now you can say we have evolved and I don't mind using beauty products provided they don't smell that feminine like raspberry and peaches. It's all about feeling good about yourself.

Was there a beauty product that you used as a child?
I used Nivea (cream) as a child. We used to have a large blue tin of Nivea and we applied it for every problem - when I had chapped lips or rashes or my mother putting a palmful of cream on my face to ensure I have soft skin.



What is grooming for you?
Grooming is that one step that you take towards getting more confident, hygienic and healthy.

Tell us about your grooming regime.
I start with a good face wash as it is very important to keep your face clean. I use a good deodorant as I don't want to be the smelly one out there. I use a light moisturizer. If I am going outdoors, I use a sun block (sunscreen lotion).

You are regarded as one of the most fashionable men in Bollywood. So what fashion tips will you give to youngsters who want to be like you?
I think everyone has his/her own style. People talk a lot on these things. But for me style is being original yet different. Men should just feel confident about themselves and not wear clothes just because somebody else is wearing them. Don't let your clothes wear you, wear your clothes.


What's your style statement?
I don't have one. I just wear that I am comfortable in.

How much do you consider yourself as a metrosexual man?
I am not at all metrosexual. I am a man and I think every man is just a man. It is us who coin these terms like metrosexual and macho. A macho man cries like any man and a metrosexual man is not necessarily gay. I am neither macho nor metrosexual. I am just a normal man

You were chosen among Times 50 Most Desirable Men in India of 2012. How does it feel to get complimented time and again for your good looks?
These titles are all perceptions and I take them in good humour; though I am grateful to my fans who voted for me. It is great to be acknowledged and appreciated. But I think all men can become desirable if they take good care of themselves.


Do you think it's difficult for models to get acknowledged as good actors?
When I entered Bollywood (in 2001) models were not taken seriously as actors. But now the perceptions have changed. It had to as our business is based on perceptions. At present, it does not matter where you came from; you are as good or as bad as your last film in this industry.

0 comments: